GOAL Assessments from EDI
GOAL is an innovative online system for schools to measure pupil performance and progress in Mathematics, English, Science, ICT and Life Skills at Key Stages 1-3.
GOAL online assessments are designed to monitor both individual and class progress whilst giving diagnostic and formative feedback that supports effective teaching, learning and target setting.
From 31st July 2014, the GOAL Assessment service is being withdrawn and will no longer be available to use. This has not been an easy decision for us to make and we have explored a number of options. However due to curriculum change we are no longer able to service your needs or those of your students.
A new online measure allowing teachers to measure pupils' SEAL domains has recently been launched by EDI.
Assessment Builder Developments
Assessment Builder is now available, allowing teachers to choose from over 2,000 maths and science questions to create their own assessments. You can:
- search by curriculum area and GOAL strand
- preview each question
- copy and edit your assessments
For more information download the Assessment Builder User Guide.
GOAL Assessment Changes
There are a number of changes to the way assessments are created - our GOAL Assessments User Guide explains these changes in more detail.
New GOAL Assessments
New GOAL Assessments are now available for APP in maths, covering the level 4 and 5 Assessment Focuses, SEAL (Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning), VAK Learning Styles audit, DMR (Decision Making Readiness), Key Stage 3 maths Learning Objectives and Key Stage 3 science topic assessments. Find out more.
About GOAL Assessments
- Trusted in over 600 schools to measure pupils' progress and performance in Key Stages 1-3
- Used to assess learning - identifying pupils' strengths and weaknesses, and provides a snapshot of what has been learned at any given time
- Support personalised learning - information to help plan effective teaching and learning opportunities for each pupil
- Assessments in national curriculum subjects are aligned with levels, thus supporting target setting and tracking pupils' progress
- Assessments are delivered and marked online and reports delivered in a matter of minutes
- Reports have helped schools to prepare for Ofsted inspections, improve their overall performance and climb league tables.
- Assessments are supported by the National Association of Head Teachers and the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust
- Over 3.5 million online assessments have been delivered to schools since GOAL was introduced.